Sunday, November 28, 2004

"Mostly Dead

Category: Art In Progress

I will begin work on a film that involves copywrighted material, captures from video/dvd. The gist is this:

Gather together the most significant and compelling shots and moments from two films: Ghost, starring Tony Goldwyn and Vincent Schiavelli, and The Princess Bride, starring Chris Sarandon and Mel Smith.

{Which, check this out- Ghost was directed by Jerry Zucker of Top Secret and the Naked Gun movies fame. Also, interesting if not quite so compelling thing vis TPB... screenwriter William Goldman also had a hand in Last Action Hero}

The collection of clips will be assembled together, respecting neither the chronology of each film or any overt sense of narrative coherence. Nevertheless, I will attempt to tie the clips into some sort of unity using a scripted voiceover which I myself will perform.

I am aiming toward the attitudes that each source film displays toward the semi-dead. I also intend to wring emotional intensity out of each. As such, clips to be included will include Prince Humperdink's sadistic torture of Wesley and Carl Bruner's expression of abject terror when he discovers that the $4 million in blood money is gone.

Expected running time is between 8 and 18 minutes, to throw out a random range.

Despite the fact that this project, were it to be of a commercial nature, would violate certain copyrights, I will use this blog post as published demonstration that I hold all rights to this idea. However, I endorse any other artmaker's video mashup on this (meaning the borderlines of life and death) or a similar subject.

No comments: