Monday, November 22, 2004

New Gallery

Category: Art In Progress

Resolved: To create an art gallery in my art studio.

The plan is to make the gallery itself a 4 ft. square in the NW corner of my studio. Anticipated hours as of now are 5-7 PM on Friday and something similar on Saturday. There will be a new show in the space every 2 weeks. I haven't figured out how openings are going to be dealt with vis-a-vis food and drinks.

The work shown will be principally mine, at least until I feel comfortable enough to accept proposals for the space.

In order to make this happen, I will have to perform some construction within and outside the gallery itself. I will have to set up lighting and electric in a way that benefits the space. I intend to have all manner of artworks displayable in the space, including video and perhaps interactives.

I understand that privacy will be an issue.

I will produce fliers for each show, but (print Gocco produced) postcards will be limited to a card for the gallery itself (which I will sell for $3?) and perhaps special openings.

I have not yet settled on a name for the gallery, but I think it ought to be Owl-themed. Ideas include: Owl Gallery, Galerie Hibou, Moyen-Duc, Asio Otus, Bubo Gallery, and Gallery Otus. The wall outside my space will have signage, including, perhaps, a painting of an owl.

No comments: